Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pinhole on Cape Clear Island

I am really looking foward to next week. I have been invited to Cape Clear Island to do a pinhole camera workshop over the May Bank Holiday weekend.

I am busy assembling materials wondering what it is that I will inevitably forget to bring with me and whether I will be able to source its alternate on the island. Cape Clear is about 40 mins by ferry and 15 minutes by car from the nearest hardware shop so you can see why I am a bit concerned.

The workshop will be contribute to a larger project being run on the Island by Bernadette Cotter. My part is to facilitate those with an interest in alternative photography to create pinhole images that will be shown alongside other work.

I have been scavenging materials from many sources. I have the basic Lidl coffee can, but also some cans appropriated from the civic amenity site in Macroom.

I think that this may be one of the last pinhole workshops that I do as disposal of the toxic corrosive chemicals used in developing photographs is such a problem...unless I can find a better way to develop images, I intend to concentrate on solargraphy.

No comments: